If you know me then you know that I kind of like to mix things up a bit… that includes recipes. I was recently paging through some recipe books and decided to take the best of all the recipes and combine them into what I’m going to share with you today; Peanut Butter Oat Cookies – there’s no catchy acronym for this recipe, I’ve thought of that already 🙂
Baking with the boys!
Of course, I can share this recipe with you in the safety of knowing that they’ve been tried and tested all to glorious, unsolicited appraise!
(These are VERY easy to make with the kidlets!)
Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
Makes about 30 biscuits depending on how big or small you prefer.
For STEP ONE:
1 cup butter (250g block)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla essence – you can use the pods but I didn’t have time to faff with the kids around
For STEP TWO:
1 cup raw oats (as in Jungle Oats)
1 cup mascovado sugar, or brown sugar (but mascovado is better)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking flour – very NB as the mix is heavy with a capital H
1 tsp bicarb
For STEP FOUR:
How to get messy:
1. Melt the butter.
2. Mix the butter with the peanut butter, egg and vanilla essence.
1. Mix all STEP TWO ingredients together.
1. Pour STEP ONE mix into STEP TWO mix. Mix well.
2. Roll into table-tennis size balls and place on a greased baking tray. Flatten the balls (therapeutic).
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
1. Let the cookies cool then dust with icing sugar and voila!
Enjoy! Let me know what you think please.