It’s like breakfast and mid-morning snack all in one!
I’m going to share it with you if I can remember what I used this morning because I literally started with a vague plan then raided the cupboard and fridge for leftovers.
The kids have clearly got in tune with the end-of-year-holiday-approaching vibe so after faffing for about 10 minutes trying to decide what they wanted for breakfast (and we don’t give them many options on school days) I decided to ”make” something. They turned out wonderful – the Cookies that is – that is what I ended up making…
No milk. No eggs. No flour. Easy Peasy.
- about 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (Black Cat Peanut Butter was used)
- about 1.5 cups Oats (Jungle Oats was used)
- 2 very ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 small tub Yoghurt (the small kiddy size yoghurt was used, Peach flavour)
- about 1/4 cup Apricot Jam (Hall’s jam was used)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Sprinkling of Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Powder (Milo was used)
I’m not quite sure why I added the Chocolate Powder… It just seemed like a logical thing to do.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Spoon dollops onto a baking tray (greased)
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees (350 F)
The Cookies come out “chewy” and soft-centred almost. So double Win! Great for little mouths and also for dunking.
I was thinking of using up a packet of raisins and sultanas but decided I had enough in the mixing bowl.
I’m quite chuffed that I’ve finally got an alternative to my mom’s Microwave Bran Muffins that she used to make in advance and just bake for school day breakfasts.
Let me know if you try this recipe and what leftovers you use.